Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home is where the heart is

...As much as I didn't want to come back to Colorado, i'm slowly beginning to realize how much this place means to me. This past month being back home has been tough because I'm still trying to adjust to my life and routine here. But I love my home. After experiencing YWAM, I've come back with a different view and perspective of Denver. The spiritual atmosphere here is really dead. Everything feels dry and boring most of the time. I need to be treating this place and these people just like I was treating London and Romania. I need to be fighting and praying daily over this place. I keep telling myself that now that I'm back in the "real world", God is so much harder to find... but I have it all backwards. This isn't the "real world". What I was doing in Europe was the "real world". I was living out my faith every day. I was loving the sick, the needy, the poor, and the broken. I was having encounters with God and I was worshipping and praying. And now that I'm back home, and the conditions are different, am I totally oblivious to the hurts and needs here? Am I completely forgetting that God is just as close now as he was then?...I have to admit that the aftermath of my experience has been one of the hardest stages in this whole growing process. God is really testing my faith and the trust that I have in Him, and it is by no means an easy feat.
This morning I had the opportunity to go back to my High school and share about YWAM and my journey. I spoke to a christian club that meets on Wednesday mornings called "First Priority".
It was so invigorating to see the room filled with eager students. I'm sure they've all had questions and doubts about God. Some of them probably don't know if they even believe in anything. But I got to speak God's heart to these kids this morning.
And I know that the words I spoke weren't mine. They were God's, because each story shared was what He did.
As I was driving on my way home I prayed for each student in that room. I prayed that he would stir their hearts for a longing of more of Him. And they're probably asking themselves now... "What is my first priority?"....
Thank you, God,for continuing to shine your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment