Sunday, March 13, 2011

Home, sweet home.



I've been back home for almost 2 weeks now.
It really feels like I didn't leave at all.
The past 5 months almost seem like a dream. The best dream I've ever had.
I'm happy to be back home with my amazing family and friends, but I have been having a hard time adjusting to reality in Colorado.
Life is just different here. It's a whole new environment and culture.
I got so used to my life in London that coming back home just feels strange.
I've realized just how much I've grown up.
I'm no longer afraid of the world and I have learned to love change.
Change is good for you.
"When you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got."
That was a quote I took from one of our guest speakers in my DTS.
It's so true. If you want to experience new things and if you want to grow, do something different. Don't be afraid to take risks.
Now that I'm back home, I plan to keep seeking God and to continue on this amazing journey. My mission isn't over yet. It's only the beginning. I have such a new outlook on life now and I've really found myself during this season.
I'm just so excited for whatever God has planned next.
He has put so many important people in my life and I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone he has blessed me with.
I'll be looking for a new job soon and I also plan on making a lot of new art. I may just start up a website filled with all of my creations.
I invite you to keep praying and following me on this journey!
Just because I'm no longer in the UK doesn't mean that my adventure stops here!
I will continue to update my blog so you guys can keep watching me grow :)
I encourage all of you to seek God.
Seek him with your whole heart.
And when you do, I can promise you that you will find him.
Lots of love,
Makayla


And here is a video I made from my amazing YWAM experience.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment