Friday, February 25, 2011

Goodbye to the best time of my life.


I'm laying in bed just thinking about all the memories i've made here and how much I've changed since the first day I arrived in London. It only seemed like yesterday when I was writing the blog from my room about how sad I was to leave my family. It's funny because my emotions are the same ones I had then. But now I am just heartbroken to leave my family here. I think the fact that I might not ever see some of these people again just hurts me inside. Well, I know I will see them all in heaven, but it's just sad to leave this experience. If I could do it all again I would in a heartbeat. I am just so thankful for the amazing journey God has taken me on. I will never forget this season of my life. I am forever changed and forever grateful for what God has done. I am excited for the next phase and the next journey I have with him. I can't wait to go back home and take everything I've learned here and pour out into my family and friends. I have been praying about what step to take next and God simply said, " Go home and keep seeking me." I know it will be difficult at times, especially to be thrown back into the place where I felt lost and somewhat alone in my walk with God. But I have a new outlook on life now, and I am new. The Makayla you knew 5 months ago is not the same. I have seen God in a way like never before and I have discovered my true identity. I am refreshed and transformed.
I just want to thank God for giving me the best time of my life. And I would also like to thank my amazing DTS: Erika, Amy, Rafi, Alessandra, Angelica, Romina, Tom, Michela, Valerie, Ella, Jordan, Andrea, Tara, and Ben. Thanks for making every day so much fun. Thank you BLS: Ezra, Nathan, Mats, Dan, Vanessa, David, and Josmar. Thanks for your amazing leadership and for all of your support and encouragement. And thank you Lisa, Stef, and Marta for cooking for us all the time and for blessing us with your servant hearts. And thanks for your prayers. Thank you base leaders, Jose, Rosanna, J-Lo, Gabby, and the Galarza girls. You truly are such a blessing to us and watching your family grow together is just beautiful.
God Bless you all.
We will be in touch for many years to come.
This might just be my last blog post from London, but I will be sure to continue writing more when I return home soon.
Thank you to everyone who has supported me on this life-changing journey. Through your prayers, donations, and friendships, I have been blessed more than I ever expected. I couldn't have done this without you.
See you in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment