Friday, August 5, 2011

Meet Phil.




It's been a while since my last post. Sorry to those who still regularly check this thing. But I guess I should share the most exciting part of my life at the moment. His name is Phil. I met Phil from an awesome friend of mine about 2 years ago. The whole story is quite crazy and humorous, but I'll have to talk about that another time. Anyway, Phil is the kind of guy that you just want to be around all the time. He has an awesome beard, a great laugh, and he's just that friend that you know you can trust with anything. I remember when I first met Phil I was a bit intimidated, but that was probably just the beard. As I got to know Phil I loved hearing him speak. He was always so encouraging to talk to and I just felt comfortable around him. I never would have thought that he would be my boyfriend, but I'm fortunate enough to say that he is. God has done some amazing things in my life over the past year, and a lot has happened to lead us to this point. I can honestly say that I've never been in a dating relationship with anyone. This is the first. It's exciting for me but scary at the same time because to be with Phil is a very big deal. When Phil first told me that he wanted to be with me, I made it known to him how important of a decision it was for me. We both knew how serious it was and we still know how serious it is! Being in a relationship with someone isn't easy, but the thing I'm most thankful for with Phil is that we made a promise to each other. I made him promise me to be 100% honest about everything. And I promised the same for him. Because of that promise, we make it a priority to talk about everything so none of us will ever be left out. So there will be no secrets, no shame, and no guilt. We want God to be at the center of our relationship and because of that, we have already seen the incredible grace and love that our father has for both of us. I don't know what is going happen. I don't know how my life will turn out, and I don't know if Phil and I will be together forever. It's a scary thought, but at the same time I know that I have nothing to worry about because God is leading me. His plans are so much greater than any dream I can make up for myself. I'm just so thankful to have someone else right by my side who wants God just as much as I do. I hope all of you get to meet Phil soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. :) I think it's perfection.

    P.S. I love the fact that you haaaate feet and yet there is a photo of your feet together. I love the photo as well!!!

    ReplyDelete