Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's to a new year...












I'm so thankful for what God has done in my life.
2010 was an awesome year filled with lots of love, new friendships, and change.
I went to college, decided I needed to seek God, and then moved to London.
I left everything I knew to experience life 4,672 miles away from my family and friends.
But I was welcomed into a new family. I now have friends from Germany, Argentina, Spain, Puerto Rico, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Chile, Belgium, the UK, and some hilarious Americans.
I ate my first real English breakfast.
I learned words like: "chav", "wonky", "mingen", and "dodgy"
I now call trash "rubbish".
I learned how to live in a house with 12 people.
I met Coldplay on my 20th birthday.
I had amazing encounters with God.
I fought demons.
I met some awesome homeless people.
I experienced spiritual warfare.
I learned how to cook for 25 people.
I witnessed my friends being healed.
I had prayers answered.
I stepped out of my comfort zone.
I ran two miles with a thousand santas.
I experienced freedom.
There are so many things I could list about how great 2010 has been, but for now I will just hold on to all of the memories.
It's really been an incredible year, and I know 2011 will be even better.
I can't wait to go back home and see my family and friends,
but I also can't wait to see where God takes me next.
And...
To start off the new year, I got my first tattoo last night.
It's a feather on my left side.
It represents my freedom in Christ.
Since I've been here, God has been constantly reminding me about my identity and who he made me to be.
That I am free.
I was also praying before getting the tattoo, and God pointed me to this verse:
Psalm 91: 4
‎"He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
It means a lot to me and It is now a constant reminder of how amazing my God is. And I will never forget this season of my life.

I head off to Romania on Monday and I'll be there until the 31st.
Unfortunately I won't have my laptop with me, but I will try to give updates as best I can.
Please continue with your prayers.
And I just have to say thank you so much to everyone for your support.
All my funds came in.
God is so faithful.

May God Bless you in this new year!

Love always,
Makayla

No comments:

Post a Comment