Tuesday, October 5, 2010

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life...


( Title quote by Samuel Johnson)

London is a beautiful place.
I have been thanking God since the day I arrived for sending me here.
I am so blessed to be with such an amazing group of people.
My team consists of 14 students. 7 are from the USA (including me), 2 from the UK, 2 from Chile, 1 from Italy, 1 from Denmark, and 1 from Germany.
We also have an incredible staff which includes students from previous DTS's who are doing their BLS (Basic Leadership School). Overall, we have 23 countries represented on our team which is amazing!
I truly feel like God has called all of us here for a reason. There is going to be some major transformation and growth happening during these next 5 months, and I can't wait to see God's finished product.
Today was the official start of my DTS (Discipleship Training School)
Although we haven't had an actual class yet, we talked about some of the things we will be doing each week as well as work duties. Each of us have cleaning responsibilities that are to be done on a daily basis, as well as cooking duties.
Throughout the week we will be doing prayer walks, intercession, worship, and fellowship. And every Wednesday, we will be working with Earl's Court Community Project which is a Soup Kitchen in London.
My time here isn't just going to be a nice get-away or a vacation. I will be working hard daily and serving God in everything I do.
It's amazing how God has already revealed himself in the students here. I can't wait to go out as a community and show the love that is stirring in our hearts.
Please keep praying for my team as well as where God wants us for our outreach!
Thanks for reading, and thanks for your prayers!!
Please check back soon for more updates!!
God Bless!
Love,
Makayla






No comments:

Post a Comment