Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seek, Trust, Obey...

These are the 3 things we have been discussing and living out this week.
On Monday I spent some time in prayer and just let go of some of the things that have been keeping me from God.
It's so hard to let go of your family, your dreams, your future, etc. These things are all things we want to control with our own will, but the thing we have to realize is that life is a decision. We can choose the will of God or the will of our own selfish desires. When Jesus went to the cross, he renounced his own will to do the will of the Father. He sought, he trusted, and he obeyed. Because of this, we are all forgiven, we are all loved, and we are all free.
It's amazing how much I feel like I've already grown in the 3 weeks that I've been here.
I feel stronger, more courageous, and more excited for what is happening here.
God is really taking what has been broken and he his building it up to make something new.
This has been the theme for my DTS so far.
God wants to rebuild this city and he wants to build us up as a team, and to unify us. In order for that to happen, we have to be vulnerable for God. We have to be willing to step out in faith, and we have to be willing to let go of the old.
So on that note, I'll leave you with this awesome song by Gungor.



God Bless you!
-Makayla

No comments:

Post a Comment