Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Colder than Colorado.

I've made safely to Romania and it is freezing.
Snow covers the streets and trees, but I am thankful to see sunlight.
Unlike London, the sun is more extrovert here. It actually reminds me a lot of home.
We are in Targu Mures. It is a cute little town with a little bit of city and a little bit of quiet.
During the 4 weeks that we are here, my team will be working mainly with orphans and street kids.
We will be going to an orphange, cancer hospitals, and the gypsy village to offer love and care to the ones less fortunate. Our goal while we are here is to seek God and to pour out his love in a way that these people and children can feel something like never before. A way that will allow them to see past the suffering and hurt, and a way to bring hope. Life is a precious gift, and I only hope my time here will be just that. I'm giving my life to God. I'm letting him use me in whatever ways he needs to in order for these people to know true love. Because sadly, most of these people don't have families or have never experienced what it means to be loved. I pray for unity as a team and I pray for a spirit of boldness. I am not afraid of what I'm about to see during these next 4 weeks because I know God is in the middle of it all. And through him, there is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment